Communications and Engagement Advisor
Infrastructure Australia is an independent statutory body with a mandate to prioritise and advise on nationally significant infrastructure matters, providing independent research to all levels of government, as well as investors and owners of infrastructure.
Working as part of the Communications and Engagement team, and reporting to the Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Write and edit online and other communications content (website, e-newsletter, fact sheets, briefing materials etc)
- Management of the Infrastructure Australia stakeholder list and creation and implementation of ongoing procedures to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Assist with media launches of reports, policy and other materials
- Development of fact sheets and products to support Infrastructure Australia's launches—interact with designer, drafting of content
- Assist with the management of FOI inquiries, and other parliamentary and legislative obligations
- Assist with project management and writing of annual report, corporate plan and other reporting
- Conduct research for speeches and preparation of briefing materials
- Management of correspondence on behalf of the Communications and Engagement Team
- Provide general assistance and support for Communications & Engagement team members
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or experience in public relations or communications
- Experience in using and managing a CRM
- Experience in copywriting and editing materials relating to op-eds, policy documents, briefs, research, fact sheets, website materials, online and e newsletters
- An understanding of political issues and public sector processes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with experience in utilisation of multiple communication channels
- Ability to use design software such as Indesign, Adobe Pro and others would be desirable.
- Project management skills
- Proven team player who works collaboratively with all parts of the organisation
- Ability to model and promote values of independence, transparency, collaboration, credibility and rigour in all that we do
- All employees of IA must obtain and hold an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA)—Baseline security clearance therefore criteria for clearance must be met. More information can be found at: defence.gov.au/agsva/getting-a-clearance.asp.
In return Infrastructure Australia offers the chance to join our small, friendly team. Benefits include:
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- Modern executive offices in a great CBD location
- Commitment to your professional development
- The opportunity to work as part of a high performing team
The position is fixed term (up to 12 months parental leave cover) and full time. Requests for flexible working arrangements will be considered.
To be eligible for employment with Infrastructure Australia you must be an Australian Citizen. Infrastructure Australia values and supports workforce diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and those with a disability.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume can be submitted via Seek or by emailing IACareers@infrastructure.gov.au
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 18 January 2018.