Senior Advisor—Stakeholder and Government Relations
Infrastructure Australia is an independent statutory body with a mandate to prioritise and advise on nationally significant infrastructure.
Infrastructure Australia provides independent research and high quality advice to all levels of government, as well as investors and owners of infrastructure, on Australia's requirements for nationally significant infrastructure.
The general functions of Infrastructure Australia are detailed in the Infrastructure Australia Act 2008.
The Communications and Engagement Team is responsible for developing strategies which inform the management of Infrastructure Australia's engagement with government, industry, and the general public. The Unit implements these strategies using a range of internal and external communication mechanisms, including mass media, online communications, parliamentary channels, and marketing.
The Communications and Engagement Team also provides advice and support to other functions within Infrastructure Australia on their stakeholder and public-facing initiatives and programs.
The Senior Advisor Stakeholder and Government Relations plays a key role in enabling Infrastructure Australia's successful engagement with political and senior government stakeholders, which comprise a large proportion of Infrastructure Australia's key stakeholder base. The position provides specialist advice and support to externally-facing positions across Infrastructure Australia regarding the identification, proactive engagement and maintenance of productive relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Engagement to contribute to the development of Infrastructure Australia's Communications and Engagement strategy, ensuring that the needs and expectations of government stakeholders are accurately reflected.
- Manage the execution of the Communications and Engagement strategy into government stakeholder engagement plans that appropriately target Infrastructure Australia's key government stakeholder groups (including federal, state and local agencies, plus politicians and political staffers) and collaborate with externally facing positions across Infrastructure Australia to provide stakeholder engagement advice based on these plans.
- Manage the mapping of Infrastructure Australia's government stakeholder groups; the assessment of stakeholder needs and expectations; and the development and maintenance of the stakeholder database to inform the provision of stakeholder engagement advice.
- Manage the execution Infrastructure Australia's responsibilities to Parliament including Senate Estimates, correspondence with the Minister's Office, Question Time briefs, Notices of Motion and appearances at Senate Inquiries and Senate Select Committees. This involves preparation of briefs, mock hearing materials, provision of administrative support to Senior Executives at Senate hearings and the coordination of Questions on Notice.
- Develop communications and stakeholder engagement deliverables to inform and support effective engagement with government stakeholders (e.g. briefing documents and reports) to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging in line with the Communications and Engagement strategy and Infrastructure Australia's advocacy goals.
- Provide advice and analysis to support the identification, vetting and coordination of government engagement opportunities for Infrastructure Australia leaders (especially the CEO, Chair) to ensure that opportunities are aligned to the organisation's Communications and Engagement strategy and create appropriate value for stakeholders, commensurate with the investment of IA resources
- Manage Infrastructure Australia's day-to-day correspondence with Parliament and political stakeholders via the Parliamentary Document Management System (PDMS) and proactively monitory all relevant media activity to inform stakeholder engagement activities and briefing processes.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Infrastructure Australia's external brand, particularly as it relates to the perception of Infrastructure Australia within the public sector, in line with the Statement of Intent and Communications and Engagement strategy, and manage the translation of the brand into all day-to-day government relations activities.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or significant experience in specialist Stakeholder Relations or Communications roles.
- Exemplary project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to consistently deliver quality outcomes (based on detailed analysis) within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of the implications of managing relationships and public affairs in a political/government context
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and support the development of productive relationships with key stakeholders across a range of industries with diverse and potentially competing interests.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and a flexible interpersonal style, including an ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders using a range of channels and media.
- Strong political acumen and demonstrated experience successfully facilitating and supporting engagement with political and senior government stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to demonstrate and promote values of integrity, independence, transparency, accountability, credibility, rigour and professionalism in all personal conduct and dealings with staff, peers, leaders and external stakeholders.
- All employees of Infrastructure Australia must be Australian citizens and must obtain and hold an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA)—Baseline security clearance. More information can be found at: defence.gov.au/agsva/getting-a-clearance.asp.
Infrastructure Australia values and supports workforce diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with a disability.
Please address the essential criteria in your application and email Nicole Cini at IACareers@infrastructure.gov.au with any queries.
Closing date: 5pm Monday 5 February 2018.