June 2012 Report to COAG and Assessments
Progress and Action is Infrastructure Australia's fourth annual report to the Council of Australian Governments. It presents current opportunities and challenges and recommends reforms in key areas of transport, water, energy and telecommunications. It also contains the infrastructure report card 2011–12 and the 2012 Infrastructure Priority List.
The report makes recommendations in three main areas:
- Strategic planning: long-term infrastructure plans that focus on better use of existing infrastructure and new capital investment.
- Funding and financing: support for initiatives that will increase investment in infrastructure and result in more efficient financing measures, particularly in partnership with the private sector.
- Governance and reform: improvements to existing policy and regulatory arrangements so that infrastructure markets can be more responsive to community needs and market demands. The report also examines policy framework for essential infrastructure in remote Indigenous communities and recommends a greater role for Indigenous communities in infrastructure decision making.
- Full Report PDF: 5677 KB
- Chapter 1 — High resolution PDF: 5603 KB
- Chapter 2–3 — High resolution PDF: 6340 KB
- Chapter 4–7 — High resolution PDF: 7400 KB
- Appendices — High resolution PDF: 773 KB
Note: These are large files. If you experience problems opening the report in your web browser, right-click on one of the above links, and select "Save target as…" in Internet Explorer, "Save link as…" in Firefox and Chrome, or "Download linked file as…" in Safari.