National Transport Commission Review
This paper is the Office of the National Infrastructure Coordinator's submission to the 2012 review of the National Transport Commission and other bodies.
The 2012 review examined the future role and functions of the National Transport Commission and other bodies once the new national transport regulatory systems commenced in January 2013 — that is, the impending implementation of national regulators for heavy vehicles, rail safety and maritime safety.
The paper responds to a scoping paper for the review that raised issues in the context of the advent of the national transport regulators and a new mandate for the Standing Council on Transport and Infrastructure.
The submission provides comments on:
- transport challenges
- Infrastructure Australia's work
- some specific matters raised in the scoping paper
- the organisations under review
- progress with national transport policy
- the advisory process.
- National Transport Commission Review, 2012 PDF: 659 KB