How to submit an initiative or project for assessment?
To lodge an initiative or project for assessment for inclusion on the Infrastructure Priority List, please read the Assessment Framework Overview document PDF: 158 KB and complete the templates.
Once you've considered the guidelines and completed relevant templates, you can make a submission using our online portal.
Infrastructure Australia follows the same process for every initiative or project we assess. This is as follows:
- A nominator provides a submission to Infrastructure Australia for assessment;
- Infrastructure Australia undertakes an initial review of the submission and seeks clarification and/or further information from the nominator;
- The submission and any additional information provided is assessed by Infrastructure Australia. Further information is requested from the nominator if needed;
- Infrastructure Australia's Chief Executive Officer prepares a recommendation for consideration by the IA Board;
- The Infrastructure Australia Board evaluates the submission and makes determination;
- For project submissions (submissions with a full business case), a project evaluation summary is provided to the project nominator for a fact and commercial-in-confidence check;
- After this process is complete, the project evaluation summary is published on the Project Assessments page of our website; and
- The Infrastructure Priority List is updated to reflect Infrastructure Australia 's decision.
For more information on making submissions and the assessment process, please contact us.