How to submit an initiative or project for assessment?
The Assessment Framework sets out the process Infrastructure Australia uses to consider initiatives and projects for inclusion on the Infrastructure Priority List.
The Framework and submission templates can be found below:
June 2017 update to the framework
The Assessment Framework was most recently updated in June 2017. The Framework has been updated to be easier to read and simpler to use. This includes:
- Merging the Assessment Framework overview and the detailed technical guidance into a single document
- Updating the existing templates, and developing new checklists, to simplify the submission process for proponents
- Clarifying the role of Infrastructure Australia and the proponent at each step of the five-stage assessment process
Once you've read the Assessment Framework and completed relevant templates, you can email your submission to Infrastructure Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infrastructure Australia follows the same process for every initiative or project we assess.
This is as follows:
- A proponent provides a submission to Infrastructure Australia for assessment;
- Infrastructure Australia undertakes an initial review of the submission and seeks clarification and/or further information from the proponent;
- Infrastructure Australia assesses the submission and any additional information the proponent provides. If necessary, Infrastructure Australia will request further information from the proponent;
- Infrastructure Australia's Chief Executive Officer prepares a recommendation for consideration by the Infrastructure Australia Board ;
- The Infrastructure Australia Board evaluates the submission and makes a determination;
- For project submissions (submissions with a full business case), a project evaluation summary is provided to the project proponent for a fact and commercial-in-confidence check. After this process is complete, the project evaluation summary is published on the Project Evaluations page of our website; and
The Infrastructure Priority List is updated to reflect Infrastructure Australia's decision.
For more information on making submissions and the assessment process, please contact us.