Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu: Closing the Infrastructure Gap: The Role of PPPs
This research study report by Deloitte aims to give an overview of the benefits and challenges of the public–private partnership project model.
The report presents a background on and structure of some main forms of PPP. It outlines the key benefits of PPPs, among which are:
- on-time and on-budget delivery
- the shifting of risk to the private sector
- customer service orientation
- enabling the public sector to focus on outcomes and core business.
It analyses some of the main pitfalls associated with the PPP model and offers suggestions on how to avoid these. It also examines opportunities and challenges in specific sectors such as transport, water and wastewater management, education and hospitals.
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu: Closing the Infrastructure Gap: The Role of PPPs, 2006 PDF: 607 KB