Outer Urban Public Transport: Improving accessibility in lower-density areas
Outer Urban Public Transport: Improving accessibility in lower-density areas is the seventh paper in Infrastructure Australia's Reform Series.
This paper assesses the quality and accessibility of public transport services in Australia’s five largest cities.
Outer Urban Public Transport presents a reform agenda for improving public transport in outer urban areas and for adapting our public transport networks to better service low-density areas, building on recommendations from the 2016 Australian Infrastructure Plan and the 2018 Future Cities paper.
- Executive Summary PDF: 3649 KB
- Recommendations PDF: 4793 KB
- Chapter 1: The public transport challenge PDF: 9754 KB
- Chapter 2: The extent of public transport disadvantage in Australian cities PDF: 22680 KB
- Chapter 3: A reform agenda for improving outer urban public transport PDF: 11024 KB
- Conclusion PDF: 3534 KB
- Appendix: Methodology PDF: 5077 KB
- References PDF: 2521 KB
If you would like a copy of a particular map or figure featured in this report, please contact email@example.com.
Data supporting the maps in this report (Figures 10, 11, 14–16) are available in Esri shapefile format for each city:
Copyright: Creative Commons licence. This publication should be attributed in the following way: © Infrastructure Australia 2018.